- Raise the standard of music teaching in the community, and dignity of our profession.
- Recommend, protect and support those teachers who qualify for membership.
- Stimulate interest in music and musicians in the community and discourage professional jealousy.
- Promote true culture by exchanging constructive ideas, and cultivate fraternal relations among members.
- Improve the general musical taste through community projects, such as student recitals, teacher recitals, out-of-town performers, lectures on various aspects of music, and appreciation of community singing.
- Accumulate resources to aid talented students who are hindered by financial difficulties, and present programs for professional and civic groups.
- Co-operate with other musical organizations, that the finest possible results, musically, may be attained.
- Improve those who feel the need of it through study groups and master classes.
- Support State, Division, and the National Association in their efforts to enlarge our borders.